No announcement yet.

How do I get an Interpreter? Washington

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I get an Interpreter? Washington

    Debtor(s) who need an interpreter for a sec. 341 meeting of creditors should contact the Office of the U.S. Trustee at 206-553-2000.
    The bankruptcy court only will pay for a language interpreter if the United States initiates the court proceeding. In all other cases, the parties are responsible for payment of the interpreter's fees and expenses. An exception is when a party, witness or other participant in a judicial proceeding needs a sign language interpreter. In that instance the bankruptcy court will pay for a sign language interpreter or provide an auxiliary aid or service, or an assistive listening device to a person who is deaf, hearing impaired or has other communications disabilities whether or not the proceeding is initiated by the United States. For more information about court certified interpreters call the Clerk's Office in Seattle at 206-370-5200, and in Tacoma at 253-882-3900.