This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I obtain copies from my closes paper case file? New York New York

If the Court has custody of your closed file, you may view your file during our normal business hours (8:00am until 4:30pm). You can request a copy of your entire case file or specific documents for a copying charge of $.50 per page. For paper files, the Court generally retains closed files for a period of one year after the case is closed.
    If the custody of the file has been transferred to the National Archives and Records Administration you have two options:
    You may request copies of the entire contents of the case file, a package of commonly requested documents, or documents that you select directly from the National Archives and Records Administration. The NARA in Lee's Summit, MO houses the records for cases from this district. You will need to complete an order form to initiate your request. You will also need the accession number, location number, box number and case file number, all of which are available from the Clerk's Office free of charge; or
    You may request the Court to retrieve your file from the National Archives and Records Administration. The current fee for this type of retrieval is $45.00.
Working...
X