No announcement yet.

How do I "file" a document with the court? Maine

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I "file" a document with the court? Maine

    Effective January 1, 2004, all attorneys must file electronically. For non-electronic filers, bankruptcy petitions, pleadings and other papers may be submitted for filing by mail or in person at the Clerk's Office public counters.

    Absent extraordinary circumstances, all documents must be submitted for filing by mail or at a Clerk's Office public counter during business hours. When extraordinary, compelling circumstances require delivery of a document to the Clerk's Office after hours, an emergency filing can be arranged by contacting the appropriate Clerk's Office during business hours. The Clerk's Office does not currently accept documents for filing by facsimile.

    After completing your bankruptcy papers, mail or deliver them to the appropriate divisional Clerk's Office accompanied by the filing fee payment or a completed application to pay fees in installments.
    If you want a file stamped copy of your petition, you must bring or mail a copy and the Clerk's Office will file stamp and return it to you. If your petition is mailed, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope of sufficient size to obtain your file stamped copy.