This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trustee Chapter 7 Florida

My chapter as discharged Jan 2007. I accepted a job out of state and moved. I have been training and forwarded my mail to a p.o. box. When I returned two days ago I received a letter from the courts stating Complaint for revocation of discharge. I called the trustee who I never spoke to before and ask what as this. She stated that she needed my tax returns for the year 2006 and was non compliant for not producing them. Some one told me she was looking for money. I have none. I finallly got a job and now this failure still haunts me. My reuturn I used for a house payment and car note. Can I be nickeled to death for the rest of my life. What was the chapter 7 for? What is a discharge?
    Last edited by Kim44; 07-31-2007, 07:44 PM.

Are you saying you got a refund on your taxes from 2006 but did not notify the trustee of this? An income tax refund attributable to the year in which bankruptcy is filed - & for any tax yr. ending before this - is property of the estate, even though you don't receive the refund until after the petition date. (Actually, a refund is prorated for the yr. in which the bk is filed.)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

So are you saying I must give the refund from that year to the trustee?
      Are they entitled to anthing else?

Comment

You need to submit to the trustee whatever they request - such as your 2006 income tax returns.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X