No announcement yet.

Who do I notify about a possible bankruptcy fraud? Alaska

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who do I notify about a possible bankruptcy fraud? Alaska

    If you have information about someone who may be committing fraud in a bankruptcy case, you should notify the Office of the United States Trustee. In order to expedite the handling of complaints for criminal violations in the bankruptcy system, the United States Trustee requires that your information about the fraud be submitted in a signed letter, bearing your return address and telephone number to:
    Office of the United States Trustee
    605 West 4th Avenue, Suite 258
    Anchorage, AK 99501
    Your letter should contain the following information:

    The bankruptcy case name and file number, together with copies of any pertinent court filings.

    A chronological summary of the matter.

    A narrative of what occurred.

    Names, addresses and telephone numbers (to the extent available) of the subjects and witnesses known to you.

    Copies of any documentation you have to support your complaint of bankruptcy fraud should be included with your letter.
    Upon receipt, your letter will be reviewed promptly. If the information it provides establishes a reasonable belief that a criminal violation has occurred, the matter will be referred to the United States Attorney. The United States Attorney will cause the matter to be investigated further by the appropriate law enforcement agency and then will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to prosecute the bankruptcy fraud.