X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check forgery-need urgent help Illinois

I helped my friend as he asked for money($3000) for some personal
    expenses. As a Collateral I received a post dated check(06/05/09) from him and gave him that amount as a check . He cashed it. after that i deposited that check on 06/05/09.and the check was bounced because of insufficient funds.when i called him and ask for the repayment of my money he was saying that he is going to lodge a forgery case against me.
    The only mistake that i did was i wrote my name( my handwriting was there on the name field) on that check.remaining fields(amount field,signature) are filled by my friend only.

if he puts a case on me how can i proceed with this?.

Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

krish

Are you saying the post-dated check your friend gave you didn't have your name in the pay to space & you filled it in when you went to cash (deposit) it? Thanks.
    Last edited by Betty3; 07-30-2009, 01:16 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Yes...u r correct.

Comment

He may not lodge a forgery case against you since he knows he owes you $3,000. You might run filling in your name on the check by an attorney. The attorney might just tell you to sue your friend in small claims court for what he owes you.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X