This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct deposit from ex??? New Jersey

when me and my ex got a job working at the same place. We fillied out a paper for the direct deposit. Well at the time his name was not on my bank account. but he did sign the papers to have the money put into my account. Which it has but we broke up and work said that there were not able to stop the direct deposit for this week and his money was put into my bank account. Do i have to give him the money or is it his own fault for putting it into my account. He has said that he is taking me to court to get his money. i was just wondering if he can do that.???

Yes, he can take you to court to get his money. He can argue that the fact that it was going into your account was just a convenience. It's also not terribly unusual for an employer to need one or two pay cycles to change a direct deposit. I would suggest that the best thing you can do is to give him his money.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Ick!

Just because you broke up does not entitle you to his money. Think about how wrong that would be and do the right thing.

Comment

Better, put the situation in reverse and see if it would be worth a paycheck to you for the breakup.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
        X