Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a company with a lien on my home foreclose on me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a company with a lien on my home foreclose on me?

I divorced in 2002. (Ohio) A credit card debt was awarded to my ex (I was the primary on the card). He never took my name off and did nothing about paying the balance of 4800. The CC company wrote off the debt and sold it to another company. That company got a judgement lien on my home. Today I recieved a letter saying they have filed a foreclosure complaint and an instanter (?)

What does all this mean? Am I going to lose my home??!!

PLEASE help me!

• GotSmart
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
    I divorced in 2002. (Ohio) A credit card debt was awarded to my ex (I was the primary on the card). He never took my name off and did nothing about paying the balance of 4800.

PLEASE help me!

Time to dust off the paperwork, and take that to every one involved. The court system legally removed you from the debt. Keep up the pressure and keep us informed.

Leave a comment:

• ssnegotiator
    replied
    THe easiest way out would be to contact the CC company and work out some type of payoff. They can place a lien on your home but if you have a mortgage on your home they would have to buy out that first lien which is your mortgage and I doubt they want to do that. These things can usually be worked out if you just make effort to work with the creditor. It goes back to the old saying "you can run but you cant hide", either way you are going to have to contact your creditor. You will probably find out it is alot easier than you thought. Good luck and God bless!

Leave a comment:

• Ohio "Step" Mom
    replied
    I have found some additional information on our county clerks web site. Apparently, there is a person with the same name as me who's house is being foreclosed on. The company that holds my lien has attached my debt to her foreclosure. The property ID numbers are completely different. The property ID on the foreclosure is her property and not mine.

How do you go about straightening this out? I don't want the sherriff to show up at my house and kick my family and I out for a case of mistaken identity and I don't want someone who's already going through some rough times to get charged with my debt.

I tried to get a home equity loan to pay off my debt but the bank wouldn't give me the loan because of the lien.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X