X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheryl777
    started a topic Is signature necessary? Washington

Is signature necessary? Washington

I've sent in an Answer to a Summons and Complaint to a large debt collector but did not sign it. The reason is that I read that unscrupulous debt collectors have been known to scan signatures and use them for their own purposes.

I've prepared an addendum to supplement the Answer and am ready to send it to them also. I am within the 20 days within which they wanted a response an I am sending certified mail return response.

Should I have signed the first Answer and should I sign the supplemental addendum? Can I make my signature unlike how I normally sign, essentially like making an X?

Thanks from K & S

• Betty3
    replied
    The forms won't be legal if you don't sign them. I won't suggest not signing your "usual" signature.

Sheryl - This is the 6th thread started by you with posts by you and/or your friend in regard to this situation. You actually should have kept all questions together in one thread. I suggest since it seems you might be getting in a little over your head so to speak & you wanting to sign your signature "not normal," that you ask your questions to an attorney or at least the court clerk. You can probably get a referral to a low cost/no cost attorney from your local legal aid society or local bar assoc.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X