This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Item on my Credit Report Texas

Hi, I had a 752 credit score from FICO (through WAMU) since last quarter of 2008 but when I recently checked it, my credit score abruptly went down to 702 and I noticed because of a potential negative item on my report. It came out that those were charges when we moved out from our previous apartment complex few years ago. We went on a out-of-state 3-week vacation and when we came back we got the letter from the collection agency. So, obviously the apartment's management sent it over to the collection agency right away. My husband gradually paid the charges with the ORIGINAL CREDITOR (apartment place) and not even with the collection agency. My question is...is it possible to reflect that collection account or negative item on my credit report EVEN THOUGH I was not working and don't have a social security number during that time?

The funny part is that I told my husband and asked him to check his credit report and surprisingly...HIS CREDIT REPORT DOES NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE ITEM REGARDING THE SAME.

Is there a way I can have it removed from my credit report? Can I dispute it or should I need to call the collection agency first?

I would really appreciate any comments.

Thank you.

If you believe the negative item should not be there, you can send a letter to the credit reporting agency/agencies disputing it.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X