This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creditor or debt collection attorneys? Washington

I'm putting together an Answer to a Summons and Complaint and need to know the status of those who had me served. I think they are debt collection attorneys because it's been well over 6 months since I've paid on the credit card debt and I think the original creditors would have sold my account to debt collectors and received debt insurance, however -

The Summons and Complaint list the plaintiff as being Citibank South Dakota. The documents are signed:
    Suttell & Associates, P.S.
    Isaac Hammer, WSBA # 36101
    Attorneys for Plaintiffs

I'd like to know:
    1) What does P.S. mean?
    2) Does WSBA stand for Washington State Bar Asso? (I live in WA state and so do the attorneys) Does this denote that he is an attorney or is this some trickery?
    3) Most importantly, are they debt collection attorneys or do they represent creditors?

Sheryl

Originally posted by Sheryl777 View Post
    I'm putting together an Answer to a Summons and Complaint and need to know the status of those who had me served. I think they are debt collection attorneys because it's been well over 6 months since I've paid on the credit card debt and I think the original creditors would have sold my account to debt collectors and received debt insurance, however -

The Summons and Complaint list the plaintiff as being Citibank South Dakota. The documents are signed:
    Suttell & Associates, P.S.
    Isaac Hammer, WSBA # 36101
    Attorneys for Plaintiffs

I'd like to know:
    1) What does P.S. mean?
    2) Does WSBA stand for Washington State Bar Asso? (I live in WA state and so do the attorneys) Does this denote that he is an attorney or is this some trickery?
    3) Most importantly, are they debt collection attorneys or do they represent creditors?

Sheryl
    1) Professional Services (Professional Services Corp. State of Washington)
    2) Yes, that is what it should stand for. (Wa. State Bar Assoc.) Would be an attorney.
    3) Per the summons, they are lawyers for the plaintiff (Citibank SD - original creditor). However, some coll. agcys. will list the original creditor as the plaintiff. You can call the original creditor (Citibank) & see if they still have the debt or have sold it.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Betty.

Comment

You're quite welcome.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X