Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agency said they served papers to my job. I never saw them.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agency said they served papers to my job. I never saw them.

Eskanos and Adler/Mann Braken just issued a judgement and put a levy on my checking account taking every cent to my name.
    They said they served papers to an office at the resort I work at in 2007. I personally was never served any papers, nor did I ever see any paperwork. As a result, I never made it to the court date! How convienient for Eskanos and Adler/Mann Braken.
    Towards the end of of 2007 a levy was put on my checking account. I called Eskanos and Adler and told them I could give them xxxxxx in about 3 days and then would set up automatic payments. As a result, the levy was lifted and I was reimbursed the money levied from the sheriff's department.

In October of 2008, I spoke to a woman from Mann Braken (formerly Eskanos and Adler) named Miss Santos. Talk about brutal. She was yelling at me for missing a payment. I told her I had automatic payments set up, but she said I had to reset new payments. At the time I thought my account was making payments AND I had to find a new place to live and needed money to pay my deposit and first month, but would be able to pay in a few weeks and have automatic payments from that point on. She said no. She continued to yell and threaten me with a judgement, demanding money, so I just hung up because she wouldn't settle down when I asked her not to scream at me.
    At this point I didn't want to talk to these people anymore, so I started making my monthly payments online.
    I got something in the mail on Christmas Eve about how their company changed names and this was being sent to me and the court so that we all knew about the name change while validating the money I still owe.
    Nothing about passing a judgement or having to go to court.

Then last night my card was declined, so I got online and saw that $100 attorney fee was charged and that the ledger balance of almost 3,000.00 was unavailable to me.
    I called my bank and they told me there was a levy and gave me the number to call. It was for the sheriff's department.
    I called today and spoke to them, explained how I never went to a court hearing because I was never served any papers and that I was told they were served to where I work.
    The woman gave me a phone number for legal aid and a number for a plaintiff attorney.

Then I called Mann Bracken and after speaking to 2 people, I was sent right back to Miss Santos! I questioned the levy and told her they took every penny to my name. She pretty much said "oh well, you missed a payment", told me that I will never see my money again, and hung up on me.

I still don't understand how all of this happened. I was never served any paperwork! They even admit that they served the papers to an office where I work! I don't even work in an office or that building! I was told that they can't do that.
    Is there anything I can do?
    I don't deny that I owe them money and I've been paying them monthly(except for that one month) I had no idea that I even missed a court date. All they ever did was threaten to garnish my wages and pass a judgement!

Please help me!!

You can check with the court clerk to see when & to whom the papers were served.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

thank you.

someone also told me that when you are served, you have to sign something?
      any idea if this is true?

Comment

No, you really don't have to sign. I would check with the court as suggested & see when & to whom the papers were served (given).
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X