This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does judgement in credit card suit mean in Texas Texas

I have 2 credit cards I can't pay. I have tried to negotiate with the companies and they are not very willing to be reasonable. If I had 10k or 500 a month then I wouldn't be in default on the cards in the first place. So one company has filed suit to sue me and says that they are going to get a judgement. What does that mean in Texas. I own my home and am self employed. Would like to pay but can't get the 2 companies to be reasonable. Would get an attorney if they were free, but can't afford them.
    Thank you in advance for any information.

Can you possibly transfer the existing balances to a new credit card in the hopes of buying some time, or is that not an option? Are the credit cards for your personal or business use? How long has it been since a payment was last made on the cards?

Perhaps you could do some research on SOL (statute of limitations) for your state or speak with a legal aid office in your area? Try Googling Legal Aid (for your area) and see what you can find. There may be someone who can help you.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Anything written by me should not be construed as; or substituted for legal advice by an actual attorney. Any opinions by me are merely my own opinions. Anything pointing to fact, law etc, should be verified by the reader to ensure the most current and up-to-date information as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberleegroup View Post
      So one company has filed suit to sue me and says that they are going to get a judgement. What does that mean in Texas.
      If they get a judgment against you, they can seize all non-exempt assets that your state allows in order to collect on the debt.
      (Just to answer that question)
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X