This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt collection From Western Dental Arizona

Me and my wife owe 2 separate accounts to Western Dental, mIne is about $600, and the wife is about 1600.00. Due to some severe issues with debt, lack of money to pay (about 44,000 in debt), I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER of the western dental. I told her all I could pay was 30.00 per account until account was paid or unless I HAD EXTRA INCOME. She stated that was fine, could not give me anything in writing. So after making these payments for several months, and still getting the calls from the corporate headquarters, The corporate headquarters advised me to have her re-write the loan to make it lower. What a surprise when I went into the office to make the payment of 60.00 and found out that they couldn't do that and they were turning me over to an outside collections agency next week. So I walked out without paying. I filed a complaint with better business bureau which they never responded to. If they take me to court to try to sue, do you think I have a good case. I can prove with the several months of payments that I was paying, and a copy of the better busineess bureau complaint that I was paying at least something, and they should at least agree to continue receiving the payment. The bottom line they lied, I wouldn't even gave them $1.00 if I known this. And to put the icing on the cake, the manager had told me several times "I'm the manager here-as long as I see you are making a payment I won't turn you over to collections as I'm the boss here." Yeh right!
    do nothing
    0%
    Call the collection company
    0%
    Wait till they sue
    0%
    Sue Western dental
    0%

You do not have any kind of case against them. If you receive any calls or letters from collection agencies or collection lawyers, school yourself up on some of the basics of the FDCPA. You can google "FDCPA" and learn a lot. If you identify any violations of the FDCPA, consult a consumer protection lawyer in your jurisdiction. You can find one by going to the NACA website.

Chris Gonko
    Scrimshire, Martineau, Gonko & Vavreck, PLLC

Comment

wESTERN dENTAL

What I meant was, I can prove that I attempted to pay the bill, they agreed, then they still turned me over to a collection agency. I would think a judge would force them to continue letting me making those payments as they agreed to do so. As most cases go to court because nothing was agreed upon, or the bill was just deliberately not paid,this wasn't the case. The manager orally agreed numerous times,even with the collection dept from western dental on line conferencing, and then they still turned me into outside collections. With proof of those payments being received from them, and a copy of a better business bureau dispute with no reply from I would expect to have the judge force them to continue those payments I was paying.

Comment

Better Business Bureau does not usually deal with financialy collections disputes, which is probably why the BBB hasn't bothered to contact the dental facility, which is why the dental facility hasn't made any sort of reply to the BBB complaint.
        A BBB complaint doesn't really stand up in a court of law, since it isn't any sort of law enforcement agency. It is mostly the number and quality of the complaints that get weight as evidence in certain legal suits on a company, not one independant complaint by itself. Again, BBB complaints don't have any legal baring, nor are companies compelled or required to do anything to rectify or reply to a BBB complaint if they don't want to.

You can certainly consult a lawyer and see if you have a case if you want to. It will be completely at your expense to do so.

But I doubt you have a case. It may not matter what the office manager has said, but what the office manager's higher-ups and company policy require. It's wonderful you were making your payments to the business, now just make those payments to the collections agency.

Comment

That would be wonderful if they would accept those same payments I was paying! who is RRS collections?

Comment

Working...
          X