This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creditor still contacts after bankruptcy North Carolina

Why would a creditor still be contacting years after bankruptcy. Long story short, we filed 13 back in 07. We had a 2nd mortgage with a company you see on TV all the tme, we put it down as debt we would continue to pay since it was 2nd mortgage. About a year into bankruptcy the lawyer contacted us saying the trustee did a review of our case and found the 2nd mortgage company never had a lien against the property so it was being written off as non secures debt and not to make another payment. This has been 8 years and about 3 years ago when it was discharged we started getting letters from them that we owe X amount, I have probably gotten 100 letters and tons of calls. I refinanced home last year and thought it would come up and they said nope we see if was non secured and written off. So how can this company still be allowed to contact us?

Did you notify the creditor this was discharged in bankruptcy? If any problems, I would run it by your/a bankruptcy attorney.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X