This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy/Foreclosure/Taxes/Oregon Oregon

Ok this is complicated and I am not sure if this is where this belongs.

My wife got divorced from her previous husband in 2007. He kept the house but she did not get off of the loan or deed. She had multiple financial problems and a failed business, and declared chapter 7 in 2008. Information about the house was included in the bankruptcy.

We were married in 2009.

In 2009 her ex let his house (ie her deed and loan) go into foreclosure. I recieved an aquisition or abandonment of secured property tax form from the house lender. It basically states that there is a $44k difference between the loan amount and the fair market value.

The question is are we liable for the tax on $44k income?

Duplicate post - do not respond to.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

this actually is not a duplicate, I have posted in two areas because I am not sure where it belongs. I have not received a response from either board. I am happy to delete one in the wrong area if you want to point me in the right direction.

Comment

You only need to post one thread (post) in one forum - I made this the duplicate so any replies will be under the other forum/thread. We don't want replies to the same question in more than one thread/forum.

If anyone has a reply, they will post it under the other thread - we have responders that read all forums.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Please post replies under http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=266074

Comment

Working...
          X