This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Clearance Revoked Due to False Statements made by Manager and FSO

I have been employed as a Defense Contractor for 17 years and last year my clearance was abruptly "Revoked" I requested a copy of my investigative report as a part of the reinstatment process and found out that a past employer and Facility Secuirty Office lied to an investigator. My file was refered to the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals and they did not follow the proper adjudication procedures when reviewing my file and jumped to "Revoking" my clearance ( Another Issue) This action was predicated on false information supplied by my past manager and FSO. I have submitted a claim for reimbursement of lost wage due to the revocation after my clearance was reinstated but I am interested in suing the manager and FSO from my last employer the blaitenly lied about my reason for termination as well as they place false information in my employment file and security clearance file. Causing the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals to make a gross mistake by revoking my clearance. i lost my job and have been unemployed for the last 18 months and it took me 12 months to get my clearance reinstated as a result.

Question: Can a manager and Facility Officer be held Liable for Slander and Libal (Statements were recorded by a DSS investigator) which caused a Adjudicator to "Revoke" my secuirty clearance.

What was the "false" information?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Possibly - you might want to run it by an attorney who you can give *complete* information to including what the false information was. They should be able to tell you whether you have a case - you would need a lawyer anyway if you want to sue.

You didn't furnish the name of your state.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
        What was the "false" information?
        I was employed in Virginia. The FSO told the DSS investigator that I had been arrested for drug distribution and that he searched my office desk and found a listing of weights and a ticket to Las Vegas... He told the investigator that he found out about my charges by calling the District Court clerk. I know that Court Clerks don't give out that type of information over the phone. The truth was that I was arrested for DWI and driving with a Suspended License... Both Misdemeanors. The DOHA adjudicator acted because the above charges are Felony charges and are direct grounds for "revocation" of a clearance.
        Last edited by drcrocker; 12-22-2012, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I would still run it by an attorney. They will most likely also have additional questions for you.
          Last edited by Betty3; 12-22-2012, 08:21 AM.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X