Accident Not My fault Problems.. Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident Not My fault Problems.. Utah

Okay, Last week I was driving East bound on a main street, I was going to 711 I was near 711 about 40 feet away and this car that was at a *stop* sign started to pull out which I couldnt understand since where she is at is on a hill and you can clearly see every car coming. well she pulled out so i had to like go around her and go some what in the middle lane not a turning a lane. well I got around here but for some other reason she just decided to pull out anyway and hit me head on with the front of her car in the right back passanger side of my car. well for some unknown reason the police did not issue a ticket and now shes telling her insurance company it was all my fault and now my insurance company is refusing to pay for anything at all...like i said I was on a main road and she was on a side street and ran the stop sign...why am i the only getting thrown under the bus here? and what should I do?? any advice would be greatly apperciated!! thank you all very much for helping me on this issue.

Your ins. co. & the other party's ins. co. "should" get together to determine who is at fault & whose ins. will pay to repair the vehicles.

Of course, you are always free to talk to a traffic law attorney.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Do you have a copy of the police report? Seems that if you have a picture of the road as you approached the intersection, showing that you had no stop sign and she did, combined with the obvious evidence of where the damage is on both cars, that should wrap it up pretty quickly, especially if you have a police report showing the same.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Didn't your ins. co. get a copy of the police report? I would have thought they would have wanted one before deciding on fault.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The situation as you describe it, should easily be decided in your favor. Have you actually filed an accident report with your insurance company providing those details? Or, have you just talked to them on the phone and expected that they'd immediately give you money? These things take time to resolve. It may be that you are just expecting an immediate solution which would be quite rare.

Your policy determines what your insurance companies responsibility is to you. We can't see that, but if you have rental car coverage they should cover the "insurance cost" of a rental pending the situation being resolved.

Your post shows quite a bit of emotion and frustration - very understandable. That implies that you might be feeling that they should jump when you say jump and settle this for you. Since you were not at fault as you describe the accident, I can understand why you feel that way. But, to get it resolved, you need to be calm and collected in your discussions with the insurance company representatives.

Even without a police report, with two vehicles, one with damage on the front, the other with damage on the right rear quarter, the vehicle with damage on the front would appear to be at fault. It really would be quite difficult for the one with the damage on the right rear quarter to have slid sideways into the front of the other vehicle.

I recommend that you calm down and discuss it with your insurance company to understand what concerns them.
          Please post questions on the forum rather than sending me a private message or email. That way others who have similar issues have access to the discussion.

Comment

Working...
          X