A Judgement-what is it exactly Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Judgement-what is it exactly Pennsylvania

Will they suspend your license if you have a judgement against you for a car accident?
    Last edited by rear-ended; 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM.

Originally posted by rear-ended View Post
    Will they suspend your license if you have a judgement against you for a car accident?
    Usually no; as long as you had insurance on the vehicle (where applicable) a valid license, and paid the ticket/fines if you were ticketed.

Were you sued for damages by the victim and failed to show at the hearing?
    My opinions are just that and are not to be taken as legal advice.

Responses are based on life experience, personal research, and/or knowledge gained from the experts here.

Comment

If a judgment rendered against you resulted from a motor vehicle accident and you were driving without valid insurance, some states will suspend your driver's license. You can contact the Motor Vehicle Licensing Division of your state government to see what the procedure is in your state. Did you have insurance?
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

They aren't going to take his license. Mistakes happen. Accidents happen. People do dumb things. That is why there is insurance. If he wasn't cited by the police he isn't going to lose his license in a civil suit from you. That just isn't at issue.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

A judgment in a civil case is an order to pay damages.

Comment

Working...
          X