PDA

View Full Version : What is a Mexican $20 coin worth U.S.?

09-11-2003, 12:26 AM
While cleaning up my new apartment I found a Mexican coin that is
silver in the center and has a gold colored edge. The coin is about
the size of the old U.S. half dollar coins. It says $20 on it.
How much is that worth in the U.S.?

Thanks
Sal

Richard
09-11-2003, 06:01 AM
sal@XXXXXXX.com wrote:>>

While cleaning up my new apartment I found a Mexican coin that is silver in the center and has a gold colored edge. The coin is about the size of the old U.S. half dollar coins. It says $20 on it. How much is that worth in the U.S.?
Thanks Sal

A mexican dollar is worth roughly 9 cents of an American dollar.
http://www.x-rates.com/d/MXN/table.html

Douglas S. Ladden
09-11-2003, 11:22 AM
The Terran carbon-based unit designating itself as"Richard" <anom@anom>
shared its ideas in misc.legal on Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:01:03 GMT:

While cleaning up my new apartment I found a Mexican coin that is silver in the center and has a gold colored edge. The coin is about the size of the old U.S. half dollar coins. It says $20 on it. How much is that worth in the U.S.? Thanks Sal A mexican dollar is worth roughly 9 cents of an American dollar. http://www.x-rates.com/d/MXN/table.html
First of all, it's called a Peso, not a mexican dollar. And the value
of the coin, would be about USD $1.83, but you won't get anywhere near that
much if you try to exchange it anywhere. What the OP described is a coin
in current circulation.

--Douglas

Richard
09-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Douglas S. Ladden wrote:>>

The Terran carbon-based unit designating itself as"Richard" <anom@anom> shared its ideas in misc.legal on Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:01:03 GMT:
While cleaning up my new apartment I found a Mexican coin that is silver in the center and has a gold colored edge. The coin is about the size of the old U.S. half dollar coins. It says $20 on it. How much is that worth in the U.S.? Thanks Sal A mexican dollar is worth roughly 9 cents of an American dollar. http://www.x-rates.com/d/MXN/table.html First of all, it's called a Peso, not a mexican dollar. And the value of the coin, would be about USD $1.83, but you won't get anywhere near that much if you try to exchange it anywhere. What the OP described is a coin in current circulation.
--Douglas

Thank you very much. I am well aware of the fact that a mexican dollar is
called a "peso".
The OP wanted to know the value of a mexican "dollar" in the US.

Douglas S. Ladden
09-11-2003, 05:44 PM
The Terran carbon-based unit designating itself as "Richard" <anom@anom>
shared its ideas in misc.legal on Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:55:11 GMT:

Douglas S. Ladden wrote:>>
The Terran carbon-based unit designating itself as"Richard" <anom@anom> shared its ideas in misc.legal on Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:01:03 GMT: sal@XXXXXXX.com wrote:>>> While cleaning up my new apartment I found a Mexican coin that is> silver in the center and has a gold colored edge. The coin is> about the size of the old U.S. half dollar coins. It says $20 on> it. How much is that worth in the U.S.?> Thanks> Sal A mexican dollar is worth roughly 9 cents of an American dollar. http://www.x-rates.com/d/MXN/table.html First of all, it's called a Peso, not a mexican dollar. And the value of the coin, would be about USD $1.83, but you won't get anywhere near that much if you try to exchange it anywhere. What the OP described is a coin in current circulation. --Douglas Thank you very much. I am well aware of the fact that a mexican dollar is called a "peso". The OP wanted to know the value of a mexican "dollar" in the US.
No, he didn't want to know the value of a "mexican dollar", he
wanted to know the value of the particular COIN he found. But, as usual,
you won't let facts stand in the way of your posts. There is no such
thing as a "mexican dollar".

--Douglas

Theodore A. Kaldis
09-11-2003, 06:21 PM
sal@XXXXXXX.com wrote:

While cleaning up my new apartment I found a Mexican coin that is silver in the center and has a gold colored edge. The coin is about the size of the old U.S. half dollar coins. It says $20 on it. How much is that worth in the U.S.?

Frijoles.

[Actually, a little less than $2 bucks.]
--
Theodore A. Kaldis
kaldis@worldnet.att.net

Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements