PDA

View Full Version : Forced Overtime?

mhop1027
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Is it legal in georgia to force someone to work overtime. Not after an 8 hour day, but on the weekend? I work 10 hour days 4 days a week for the state and they say I have to work overtime saturday, no excuses

cbg
03-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes, it is legal. In all 50 states.

sleepy15
10-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I work for (retail grocer) and we are having to work 12 days before we get a day off and now they are saying we have to work 12 hrs a day. I don't know about other people but I have a husband and 2 kids. As it stands now I don't get to see them much in 12 days. What can I do?

cbg
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Next time, please start your own thread instead of attaching to one that is nearly two years old.

Unfortunately, while I completely agree that your employer is being unreasonable, in your state (and many others) the hours your employer is requiring are entirely legal. In fact, in your state (and many others) you could legally be required to work 365 days a year, and there are only two states (neither of them Georgia) which limit the number of overtime hours you can be required to work.

So unfortunately, the only options I see for you are to either work the hours they require or find another job.

Georgia Labor Law Posters
Comply with Georgia regulations with one Complete Georgia Labor Law Poster.
Trusted with customer satisfication.
Call (800) 745-9970 or shop online at www.LaborLawCenter.com.