PDA

View Full Version : compensation for mileage

Michigan12
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew what your supposed to get paid for mileage. I work for a cleaning company and alot of us are thinking were not getting paid the legal rate for milage in the state of Michigan. If anyone knows please let me know

cbg
08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
The law does not say that you HAVE to be compensated for mileage at all.

Patty will be able to tell you what the IRS mileage rate is, but they may legally pay you less, or not at all.

Pattymd
08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
The current IRS rate is 40.5 cents per mile. Anything over that is taxable income to you.

routeman
09-11-2005, 11:41 AM
I just heard on the news that the irs has increased the rate to 48 cents a mile because of raising fuel cost.

cbg
09-11-2005, 01:45 PM
That may be so. But you can still be paid less than that for mileage; as I said, you do not HAVE to be paid for mileage at all.

The law does not require that you be paid for mileage; IF an employer chooses to do so, they can reimburse you for any amount up to but not exceeding the IRS rate.

Pattymd
09-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I didn't know it either, cbg, but it was raised just this week.
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=147423,00.html

However, poster, it does not change the fact that you the employer is not required by law to pay mileage at all, and if they do, they can legally pay any rate they want to.

Michigan labor Law Posters
Comply with Michigan regulations with one Complete Michigan Labor Law Poster.
Trusted with customer satisfication.
Call (800) 745-9970 or shop online at www.LaborLawCenter.com.