PDA

View Full Version : 21 dating a 17 year old in texas

rohugo
06-17-2005, 10:47 AM
I started dating this girl that is 17 years old and well am a lil concern about her age. she has been wanting me to meet her parents, she says that they are very strict. would i get in some kind of trouble with the laws if they dont accept our relationship. i am just a lil scared about it. i just got a real good job and scared to lose it over that. (is it unlawful if we me and her have sex)

ACc083
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
***TEXAS LAW***

There are no laws restricting age limits on dating. Therefore, you may, as a 21 year old, date your 17 year old girlfriend. Also, the "unwritten" law for the age of consent for deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact is 17, making your girlfriend "of age" and competence to make any such decision.

You might encounter one problem - if your girlfriend's parents dissapprove of the relationship, there is nothing you and your girlfriend can do. Until she reaches the age of majority or is recognized as a capable adult through the termination of parental rights, her parents have the statutory right to physical possession of their child and the duty of control and reasonable discipline. Therefore, what they say goes.

Let me know what happens...

elklaw
06-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I do not know how close to age 18 she is, but there is no law against dating, and just to be sure, I suggest not having sex until she is age 18. It may not be criminal, but if she wants to introduce you to her family, I think you should respect her desire to not do anything without their approval and that you should try to wait and see where the relationship is going before going that far into the relationship. Also, if she lives with her parents, they do have a right to control her movements on dating issues.

soulsteal56
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
what does texas state law say about a 19 year old going out with a person who is under 18 ?

ACc083
07-01-2005, 11:14 PM
There are no laws that place age limits on dating.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Celest
09-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi. I am 14 and will be 15 in November. I was wondering about the law for Tennessee. Is it the same as the law for Texas? I am dating a 23 year old and I was just wondering if it was against the law. We arent having sexual intercourse and we do really care about each other. If you can help, I would be much abliged! Thank you so much! :D

xena
09-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi. I am 14 and will be 15 in November. I was wondering about the law for Tennessee. Is it the same as the law for Texas? I am dating a 23 year old and I was just wondering if it was against the law. We arent having sexual intercourse and we do really care about each other. If you can help, I would be much abliged! Thank you so much! :D

Read this whole thread, pay attention to my posts in it- with you being 15 it is VERY important that you pay attention to my son's plight. And BTW- if anyone- your parents, teacher, friend, police, etc. were to claim that there has been sexual contact- even "petting" , they will be believed and your BF will end up like my son and hundreds of others.

Click on this link for the thread I'm referring to http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=76432

xena

skmiddleton1
10-01-2005, 06:21 PM
YOu need to check the penal code. I know if she were younger, they could file statutory rape charges, but with her so close to adult, I am just not sure. The Texas Penal Code is on line, and you can double check there.

As for other states, same thing. Go check out the Penal Code for your states to see what the law is in your state. But generally, if you are a minor, and he is 3 or more years older, it is considered statutory rape, which is old lingo for sexual abuse of a child. I know below 14 is a bigger deal in Texas, but I've known more than one guy to get into serious trouble for having sex with 16 year old girls. Two of them are in the pen right now. Even when they get out, they will be registered sex offenders.

Sharon

confused232
06-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I know this thread is about 7 months old. But, I just wanted to clear something up. The age of consent in TX is 17. For this purpose, a minor DOES NOT include a 17-year-old. It includes a child UNDER 17 (16 or under).

ceara
06-18-2006, 04:27 AM
I know this thread is about 7 months old. But, I just wanted to clear something up. The age of consent in TX is 17. For this purpose, a minor DOES NOT include a 17-year-old. It includes a child UNDER 17 (16 or under).

In Texas, any person under 18 is a minor for ALL purposes. Being able to consent to having sex does not change their minor status. It only means that they can consent to having sex.

confused232
06-18-2006, 09:26 AM
In Texas, any person under 18 is a minor for ALL purposes. Being able to consent to having sex does not change their minor status. It only means that they can consent to having sex.

Umm...no for the purposes of the Alcoholic Beverage Code a minor is a person under 21 actually. For the purposes of estates, a minor is a person under 21.

For the purposes of the criminal justice system, a minor is a person 10-16 years of age and an adult is a person 17 years of age or older.

While the age of majority is 18, certain individual statutes define a "minor" differently.

Basically what I was trying to clear up was that a 17 year old can consent to having sex.

confused232
06-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Also, the "unwritten" law for the age of consent for deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact is 17, making your girlfriend "of age" and competence to make any such decision.

Also, this is wrong. It is not "unwritten." It is very clearly stated.

ceara
06-19-2006, 02:42 AM
Umm...no for the purposes of the Alcoholic Beverage Code a minor is a person under 21 actually. For the purposes of estates, a minor is a person under 21.

For the purposes of the criminal justice system, a minor is a person 10-16 years of age and an adult is a person 17 years of age or older.

While the age of majority is 18, certain individual statutes define a "minor" differently.

Basically what I was trying to clear up was that a 17 year old can consent to having sex.

A person 21 and over are "of age" to legally consume alcohol. Persons between 18-20 are NOT "of age", but they are still a LEGAL adult.

A 17 year old MINOR is "of age" to consent to having sex.

There are many things that a MINOR (anyone under the age of majority for any given state) can be "of age" for the purpose of making decisions for themselves without parental consent. It does NOT change their status as a minor. Being charged "as an adult" for a crime does not automatically make the minor a legal adult.

When explaining certain things to a layperson that is not well versed in legal terminology, it is common to use phrases like "a minor would be considered an adult for the purpose of.....". However, phrases such as this are not actually LEGALLY correct.

confused232
06-19-2006, 08:00 AM
A person 21 and over are "of age" to legally consume alcohol. Persons between 18-20 are NOT "of age", but they are still a LEGAL adult.

The alcoholic beverage code actually EXPLICITLY defines a minor as a person "under 21 years of age" and an adult as a person "21 years of age or older."

A 17 year old MINOR is "of age" to consent to having sex.

Indecency with a child EXPLICITLY defines a child to be a person "under 17 years of age."

When explaining certain things to a layperson that is not well versed in legal terminology, it is common to use phrases like "a minor would be considered an adult for the purpose of.....". However, phrases such as this are not actually LEGALLY correct.

The Juvenile Justice Code EXPLICITLY defines a minor as being "under 17 years of age" and an adult as being "17 years of age or older."

soulsteal56
09-08-2006, 11:38 PM
There are no laws that place age limits on dating.

Let me know if you have any questions...

hey i know this from along time ago but lets say a guy(19) is going out with a girl(14),and there a friend of hers involved ( more or less wants the two to stop dating) and i was just wondering what i should do . i mean everything is going okay expect for the fact that the friend keeps butting in to the relationship and making threats to the guy , i mean the major kind . so i was just wondering if anyone had any advice for my friend on what he should do . he really does'nt want to break up with her but he kinda believes the friend may go though with threats and is worried to the piont were he can't get a ounce of sleep .i forgot to mention that there is NOTHING going on as sex or such .

cyjeff
09-09-2006, 05:45 AM
I would recommend the 19 year old stop dating the 14 year old before he finds himself in prison.

No sex, right? How about hugging, kissing? Oh...well then you only have to worry about Class C felonies instead of statutory rape.

The friend is right. Stop dating children.

soulsteal56
09-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I would recommend the 19 year old stop dating the 14 year old before he finds himself in prison.

No sex, right? How about hugging, kissing? Oh...well then you only have to worry about Class C felonies instead of statutory rape.

The friend is right. Stop dating children.
but according to ACc083 there are no laws on the age of dating in texas . true or not true. i also have to ask would meeting parents help in any way ? i know a few people pesonally who are in the same situation and there engaged as well. they are 16/23 15/21 .

soulsteal56
09-13-2006, 10:52 PM
well this is to let all you people know that we broke up in part to this site and thx in the other to my new gf whos 19 . so thx you .

ceara
09-16-2006, 11:21 PM
well this is to let all you people know that we broke up in part to this site and thx in the other to my new gf whos 19 . so thx you .Good for you. Not only will you find that you have much more in common with someone closer to your own age, you'll realize that you still have alot of living to do before you're ready to commit to one person for the rest of your life. And that would be hard to do with a "sex offender" label following you.

turbowray
09-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Way to go soul steal!!!!

turbowray
09-17-2006, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=confused232]The alcoholic beverage code actually EXPLICITLY defines a minor as a person "under 21 years of age" and an adult as a person "21 years of age or older."

Indecency with a child EXPLICITLY defines a child to be a person "under 17 years of age."

The Juvenile Justice Code EXPLICITLY defines a minor as being "under 17 years of age" and an adult as being "17 years of age or older."[/QUOTE

I think you are making this harder than it has to be, it depends on context of the statement and laws, as shown above, you can have sex at a certain age before you can drink, but since you can have sex, it does not give you the right to buy alcohol. Being specific depends on the legal definition of the law, based on the crime commited. While you can be tried as an adult in some instances, you still can not vote, drink, or be on a legal contract, like a rental agreement. I do see your confusion though.

soulsteal56
09-17-2006, 10:59 AM

to this one i gonna have to say no but it depends on where you live . the laws differ in different counties and it depends on what the person is accused of .

confused232
10-07-2006, 06:51 PM
to this one i gonna have to say no but it depends on where you live . the laws differ in different counties and it depends on what the person is accused of .

Texas STATE law does not differ between counties.

The age of majority in Texas is 18.

However, there are certain specific statutes that define "minor" as a person under an age different than 18. It is the same in EVERY county. (Many statutes in Texas define a "minor" as a person under the age of 17 and in one case as a person under the age of 21).

For the purposes of criminal prosecution (like you have suggested), "child" is defined as a person under the age of 17 in Texas. It does not depend on what the person has been accused of. It can be capital murder or a Class C misdemeanor.

However, a 14-16 year old CHILD can be waived and tried as an adult for serious offenses.

soulsteal56
10-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Texas STATE law does not differ between counties.

The age of majority in Texas is 18.

However, there are certain specific statutes that define "minor" as a person under an age different than 18. It is the same in EVERY county. (Many statutes in Texas define a "minor" as a person under the age of 17 and in one case as a person under the age of 21).

For the purposes of criminal prosecution (like you have suggested), "child" is defined as a person under the age of 17 in Texas. It does not depend on what the person has been accused of. It can be capital murder or a Class C misdemeanor.

However, a 14-16 year old CHILD can be waived and tried as an adult for serious offenses.

first off I'm going to point out that the issue was "dating" not "sex"
. Do you people not understand that there is a big difference between
the two ? one gets you into trouble and the other one doesn't . why ?
well because the first one comes into a relationship just for sex while the other one wants an a honest relationship . is that so hard for you idiots to underhand ? why don't you ***'s try listen to ACc083 .

ACc083: ***TEXAS LAW***

There are no laws restricting age limits on dating. Therefore, you may, as a 21 year old, date your 17 year old girlfriend. Also, the "unwritten" law for the age of consent for deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact is 17, making your girlfriend "of age" and competence to make any such decision.

You might encounter one problem - if your girlfriend's parents dissapprove of the relationship, there is nothing you and your girlfriend can do. Until she reaches the age of majority or is recognized as a capable adult through the termination of parental rights, her parents have the statutory right to physical possession of their child and the duty of control and reasonable discipline. Therefore, what they say goes.

cyjeff
10-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Mostly, because he is wrong.

Unwritten laws? I would worry more about the written ones. States are very specific about statutory rape, child abuse, and enticing a minor for indecent purposes. It is VERY written, and is available all over the net.

What you are missing is that regardless of the age of consent, her parents still have the final say on whom she can see, talk and date.

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I started dating this girl that is 17 years old and well am a lil concern about her age. she has been wanting me to meet her parents, she says that they are very strict. would i get in some kind of trouble with the laws if they dont accept our relationship. i am just a lil scared about it. i just got a real good job and scared to lose it over that. (is it unlawful if we me and her have sex)

The thing to do is make a good first impression. Flowers for her Mother, and a firm handshake for the Father. Be extremely polite, and NEVER talk bad about an ex. Have a firm plan for your future, and above all, let them know that you think the world of their daughter. Show plenty of respect. Also, wait untill you are married.

I am the expert at terrorizing boyfriends.:D

Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter
Rule One
My daughters are my reasons for living. I will make sure that they are ready for dating before I will allow them to go out on one. You may think that dating is a regular part of teenage life. You are an idiot. My girls do not date idiots. They will be going to college and obtaining a degree in their chosen field. They will not date until I say they can. The law is on my side.
Rule Two
I will meet your parents first. I will also run a criminal check on your entire family. I have ways of getting things done. Never, ever lie to me or her! The man she will marry will be a godly man. He will also at least be the equal of her father in education.
Rule Three
I have no doubt that you are a popular fellow, with opportunities to date other girls. This is not fine with me or my daughter. Once you've gone out with my little girl you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry harder.
Rule Four
If you pull into my driveway and honk, you better be delivering a pizza because you're sure not picking anything up. EVER You will be a perfect gentleman at all times. You will come to the door and ring ONCE. You will have a small bouquet of flowers for my daughter, and a large one for my wife.
Rule Five
As you stand in my hallway waiting for my daughter to appear, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time you should not be dating my daughter. She is doing her hair, putting on make-up, or whatever; a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like change the oil in my car. You will wait patiently, and quietly for my daughter to make her appearance.
Rule Six
Current thinking is that in order for you and me to get to know each other, we should talk politics, sports, and other issues. Do not do this. Your ignorance and stupidity will only serve to anger me. The only information I require of you is when you will have my daughter home. To this end, you only need two words: "early" and "sir."
Rule Seven
Do not touch my daughter. You may glance at her adoringly, so long as you do not peer at anything below the neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off my daughter I will remove them. If you ever strike her, you will vanish. I'm sure you've been told that sex in today's world without a "barrier device" can kill you. Let me elaborate: I am the barrier, and I will kill you. Anything more than a goodnight kiss on the cheek is out.
Rule Eight
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off of your hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are idiots. If you show up at my home with your pants falling down I will be forced to ensure that they do not come off during the course of your date with my daughter by taking my pneumatic nail gun and fastening the pants directly to your waist. You will be dressed properly for a date with my daughter.
Rule Nine
You will only take her to an approved place for your date. The following places are not appropriate places to take my daughter: places with beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool - places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight - places that are dark or poorly lit - places where there is dancing, holding hands, or excessive happiness - places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Hockey games are okay, old folks homes are better, my church is best. You may picnic at my gun club.
Rule Ten
Do not ever lie to me. I may appear to someone like you, to be a middle-aged, dim-witted has-been, but on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming over a sand dune in Afghanistan. When my PTSD starts kicking in, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean guns and knives as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into driveway, you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Note the camouflaged face in the window is mine. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, return to your car. Then leave.

soulsteal56
10-08-2006, 04:16 PM
The thing to do is make a good first impression. Flowers for her Mother, and a firm handshake for the Father. Be extremely polite, and NEVER talk bad about an ex. Have a firm plan for your future, and above all, let them know that you think the world of their daughter. Show plenty of respect. Also, wait untill you are married.

I am the expert at terrorizing boyfriends.:D

Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter
Rule One
My daughters are my reasons for living. I will make sure that they are ready for dating before I will allow them to go out on one. You may think that dating is a regular part of teenage life. You are an idiot. My girls do not date idiots. They will be going to college and obtaining a degree in their chosen field. They will not date until I say they can. The law is on my side.
Rule Two
I will meet your parents first. I will also run a criminal check on your entire family. I have ways of getting things done. Never, ever lie to me or her! The man she will marry will be a godly man. He will also at least be the equal of her father in education.
Rule Three
I have no doubt that you are a popular fellow, with opportunities to date other girls. This is not fine with me or my daughter. Once you've gone out with my little girl you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry harder.
Rule Four
If you pull into my driveway and honk, you better be delivering a pizza because you're sure not picking anything up. EVER You will be a perfect gentleman at all times. You will come to the door and ring ONCE. You will have a small bouquet of flowers for my daughter, and a large one for my wife.
Rule Five
As you stand in my hallway waiting for my daughter to appear, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time you should not be dating my daughter. She is doing her hair, putting on make-up, or whatever; a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like change the oil in my car. You will wait patiently, and quietly for my daughter to make her appearance.
Rule Six
Current thinking is that in order for you and me to get to know each other, we should talk politics, sports, and other issues. Do not do this. Your ignorance and stupidity will only serve to anger me. The only information I require of you is when you will have my daughter home. To this end, you only need two words: "early" and "sir."
Rule Seven
Do not touch my daughter. You may glance at her adoringly, so long as you do not peer at anything below the neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off my daughter I will remove them. If you ever strike her, you will vanish. I'm sure you've been told that sex in today's world without a "barrier device" can kill you. Let me elaborate: I am the barrier, and I will kill you. Anything more than a goodnight kiss on the cheek is out.
Rule Eight
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off of your hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are idiots. If you show up at my home with your pants falling down I will be forced to ensure that they do not come off during the course of your date with my daughter by taking my pneumatic nail gun and fastening the pants directly to your waist. You will be dressed properly for a date with my daughter.
Rule Nine
You will only take her to an approved place for your date. The following places are not appropriate places to take my daughter: places with beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool - places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight - places that are dark or poorly lit - places where there is dancing, holding hands, or excessive happiness - places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Hockey games are okay, old folks homes are better, my church is best. You may picnic at my gun club.
Rule Ten
Do not ever lie to me. I may appear to someone like you, to be a middle-aged, dim-witted has-been, but on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming over a sand dune in Afghanistan. When my PTSD starts kicking in, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean guns and knives as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into driveway, you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Note the camouflaged face in the window is mine. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, return to your car. Then leave.

you a person who is living in the 50's not the current time because if it was me you were talking about i could have you thrown in jail for some of stuff you said . so be careful when you threaten people even if you don't you don't go though with the threats . i take this more or less as a joke . LOLLOL yes i can laugh at this and i will .:rolleyes: :D

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 07:03 PM
:D Not a cop in my town would back you up. :D

cyjeff
10-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Just make sure you drag the body into the front hall.

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Just make sure you drag the body into the front hall.

Most do not make it past being shown the list by my daughters. ;) They keep a copy in their backpacks for when they get asked out. It helps that I sometimes substitute in their schools.

I used that as part of a speech during my communications classes, All the rest of the class was 25 years younger than I. They loved it. But all the kids in the class were clean cut and extremely presentable to any parent. Private college tends to get a better class of students.

I wonder what part ofended soulsteal?

turbowray
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Maybe soulsteal thought that hed be your yards fertilizer if he met your daughters. I think he takes it as a joke anyhow. I myself found some truth and some humor in it!!

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
If the guy has no sense of humor, he has no business being around my family:D

I found a list on a Marine message board, and adapted it for my own use. I had to tone down the language. I wish I could claim authorship.

cyjeff
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
He really wouldn't like my sense of humor.

I have already told my 13 year old daughter to not be too attached to the first guy she brings to the house. I will be using his carcass as a warning to the others.

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
If my daughter, at 17, brings home a 21 year old that shows guts and potential, I would not have much of a problem of them dating within respected limits. The girls will be getting an education.

13 is way too young. She needs time to grow up.

cyjeff
10-08-2006, 08:50 PM
She already knows that she can date when she is 35 and have sex after Daddy is dead.

soulsteal56
10-08-2006, 08:53 PM
:D Not a cop in my town would back you up.
:rolleyes:
wanna place that on a bet ?:D you see i'm really not afraid of anyone so come and get me *******s :rolleyes:

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
She already knows that she can date when she is 35 and have sex after Daddy is dead.

Are you sure you want her around that long?;)

My 17 year old is talking about going away to college next year. I was in shock for a couple of days. 60 miles seperation. The house will be mighty quiet!

Grandkids are great. You sugar them up, and send them home!

GotSmart
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
:rolleyes:
wanna place that on a bet ?:D you see i'm really not afraid of anyone so come and get me:rolleyes:

My girls have more class than to date someone like you.

Why the chip on your shoulder?

soulsteal56
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
My girls have more class than to date someone like you.

Why the chip on your shoulder?

theres not one,just a open invitation to all who want to see if theres anyone who can make me crack under pressure . i'm basicelly saying i taken so many hits and not got a scarth so i want to see if anyone can do it . by hits i mean by girls and such that i've dated and yes i'll had all there parents permission . :D

that reminds me that cops are to dense here to care what we do . i have six friends who in relationships that would get them into trouble and guess what . they have'nt and are all of them are ingaged and over 18(guys) and under 17(girls) . that tells me that the cops here don't care what happens and yeah some of my friends are cadets(not the ones above of course) and they don't give a care . :rolleyes:

by the way if you want to know how my friends are then just ask .

turbowray
10-09-2006, 06:39 PM

LMAO!!!:D That is way to funny!

turbowray
10-09-2006, 06:42 PM
theres not one,just a open invitation to all who want to see if theres anyone who can make me crack under pressure . i'm basicelly saying i taken so many hits and not got a scarth so i want to see if anyone can do it . by hits i mean by girls and such that i've dated and yes i'll had all there parents permission . :D

that reminds me that cops are to dense here to care what we do . i have six friends who in relationships that would get them into trouble and guess what . they have'nt and are all of them are ingaged and over 18(guys) and under 17(girls) . that tells me that the cops here don't care what happens and yeah some of my friends are cadets(not the ones above of course) and they don't give a care . :rolleyes:

by the way if you want to know how my friends are then just ask .

You sound so proud that you and your friends are breaking the law and getting away with it. Hmmm, I guess I can stop worrying about respecting your input here. I only respect those who respect the law. I know I know you don't need my respect, but some day you will need someone for something, and what you have done will come back on you. It just works that way.

turbowray
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Sweet, I just realized he has been banned! Thank you moderator!!!!

GotSmart
10-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Sweet, I just realized he has been banned! Thank you moderator!!!!

That is why I did not bother to rise to his bait. We have good moderators here.

Play nice now!:rolleyes:

mommyof4
10-10-2006, 05:18 AM
And again, where exactly IS the state specific law, or at the very least... the LAW FOR THE UNITED STATES??? See, no matter what general information you post, you need to find the SPECIFIC laws for the individual state. Nobody's opinion or research behind the law makes any difference when a person may be prosecuted for violating the law as written.

Oh yeah. Thanks for the threatening vampire message. Step away from the Bram Stoker movies and re-enter reality. I had no qualms about reporting your fiends (misspelling intended) posts and I will have no hesitation about reporting yours. Threaten me again and I will call the cops. You CAN be located and you will be subject to THOSE laws, as well.

turbowray
10-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Aha! This is why the piece of crap sent me a message to me....hmmm mommyof4, they make some of the strangest people we have met look very very sane lol! I will also be reporting anything that is against any of my fellow posters here!! Don't ever forget the "FBI internet crimes department"! I HAVE contacted them before, and someone HAS gotten caught!! Just when you thought it was safe to be stupid on the internet!!:rolleyes:

cyjeff
10-10-2006, 07:06 PM
And again, where exactly IS the state specific law, or at the very least... the LAW FOR THE UNITED STATES??? See, no matter what general information you post, you need to find the SPECIFIC laws for the individual state. Nobody's opinion or research behind the law makes any difference when a person may be prosecuted for violating the law as written.

Oh yeah. Thanks for the threatening vampire message. Step away from the Bram Stoker movies and re-enter reality. I had no qualms about reporting your fiends (misspelling intended) posts and I will have no hesitation about reporting yours. Threaten me again and I will call the cops. You CAN be located and you will be subject to THOSE laws, as well.

The good news is that for all his bluster, apparently all it takes to REALLY hurt him is some garlic, a crucifix, some holy water or sunlight.

Wow. You rarely see someone quite so delusional and willing to share. May I recommend we go ahead and turn him in before he starts eating the neighborhood pets to appease his dark lord Santa? And yes, I know I said Santa.

turbowray
10-10-2006, 07:33 PM
The good news is that for all his bluster, apparently all it takes to REALLY hurt him is some garlic, a crucifix, some holy water or sunlight.

Wow. You rarely see someone quite so delusional and willing to share. May I recommend we go ahead and turn him in before he starts eating the neighborhood pets to appease his dark lord Santa? And yes, I know I said Santa.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! You crack me up sometimes Jeff!!:D

confused232
10-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I think you are making this harder than it has to be, it depends on context of the statement and laws, as shown above, you can have sex at a certain age before you can drink, but since you can have sex, it does not give you the right to buy alcohol.

I never said that. The legal age to have sex in Texas is 17 and the legal age to buy alcohol is 21.

Being specific depends on the legal definition of the law, based on the crime commited.

Exactly. That's what I was trying to point out. Definitions of the same terms vary between different statutes.

While you can be tried as an adult in some instances

In Texas, this is AUTOMATIC at the age of 17. For the purposes of criminal prosecution, the cutoff is between 16 and 17.

you still can not vote, drink, or be on a legal contract, like a rental agreement.

The voting age in Texas is 18. The drinking age in Texas is 21. The age to enter into legally-binding contracts (and this is the main point of the "age of majority") in Texas is 18.

I do see your confusion though.

I'm not confused at all about this - everything I have said above is 100% true.

cyjeff
03-18-2007, 05:49 AM
your bf is asking for serious trouble. he is an adult you are a child, you both need to date someone your own age. anyone can report your bf to the police,and he could spend a few years in jail, not to mention be known as a lifetime sex offender

Kellie Kellie Kellie.

A redundant and insulting addition to a 6 month old post.... typical.

Have you ever thought about seeing a mental health professional?

mommyof4
03-19-2007, 05:33 AM
The vampires must have gotten to her. They are never truly "dead".:D

what_am_i_thinking
04-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I've read all the posts. I'm just looking for some advice. I'm 21 and unfortunately I really like this 17 girl. I was wondering if I should ask her on a date, anybody have some friendly advice for me? Because, God I'm scared of all that legal crap.

mommyof4
04-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Friendly advice...wait until she is 18. That way, ther is no chance of any negative consequences.

Frazzled423
04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I am 17 years old and dating a 21 year old. We've had sex before and I was worried that he could get into trouble for it until I read earlier on in this thread that 17 is "of age" to consent to sex. But I was wondering...because I'm not 18 yet, could my mother press charges against him, even though the state couldn't? Yes, I know most of you would say to wait until I'm 18 to have sex, and I don't mind doing that now, honestly. But I just want to know if that past could come back and hurt us if my mother decided to press those charges, anyways?

turbowray
04-20-2007, 01:20 AM
I am 17 years old and dating a 21 year old. We've had sex before and I was worried that he could get into trouble for it until I read earlier on in this thread that 17 is "of age" to consent to sex. But I was wondering...because I'm not 18 yet, could my mother press charges against him, even though the state couldn't? Yes, I know most of you would say to wait until I'm 18 to have sex, and I don't mind doing that now, honestly. But I just want to know if that past could come back and hurt us if my mother decided to press those charges, anyways?

No, she can not, if you were indeed 17, at the time of sex. If you did anything, and I mean any kind of foreplay before you were 17, then yes she could. What she could do now, is file a restraining order to keep you from him until you are 18, but that is it. Good luck hon, I hope he is really there for you in the future. Thank you for asking. OH, this answer was for the state of Texas, if you are from another state, let me know, and I will let you know if that changes anything.

Frazzled423
04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Thank you for clearing that up! :D That makes me feel much better! Yes, it was for the state of Texas even though I am in Tennessee for the next few weeks, it was in Texas that we had intercourse and I was 17 before I even met him so I have no worries now except for the restraining order thing...that would be awful.

cbg
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Ummm...don't relax too soon.

Statutory rape is now off the table. But there are other charges that could still apply.

Frazzled423
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
uh oh...
such as?
:confused:

mommyof4
04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Welll...for instance, have you had any sexy or racy communications with her? It's a crime to have sexual "conversation" with a minor (person under the age of 18) by electronic or telephonic means.

Frazzled423
04-20-2007, 02:12 PM
a little...briefly. why would it be legal for him to have sex with me and not legal for him to mention sex on the phone, though?

mommyof4
04-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Different laws. The communication laws were created to address the rising problem of solicitation of a child. Those laws protect ALL children under the age of 18.

cyjeff
04-20-2007, 02:34 PM
You are in that happy between place of consent and majority.

This means that you can consent to have sex, but your parents can still say no to you relationship.

Therefore, he can still be hit with corruption of a minor, solicitation of a minor for lewd purposes, and, even, child molestation... cause you are still, in the eyes of the court, a child.

Frazzled423
04-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Ouch. That's harsh...I'm starting to realize that I hate being 17 years old. Lol
But thank you, everyone, for your information.

turbowray
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Ouch. That's harsh...I'm starting to realize that I hate being 17 years old. Lol
But thank you, everyone, for your information.

Sorry I let you down, and did not add the additional information, I was just focusing on having sex with her after she turned 18 (statutory rape). I am so glad my friends here are here for us, to make sure that nothing is missed. Thanks guys!!;)

someguy29
08-06-2007, 11:42 PM
please i feel real bad about this already, n i dont even know if its true feellings i have but, i kind of met some one whr i work n i have talked about her w/ a friend online , my friend says that it sounds that we r flirting with each other, i feel atractions for this girl ( personality ways) but shes only 17, and im scare if i try to do something about this i will loose my job, i am way to old for her, n resently went tru a bad break up, well more like 7 months ago. i do not know if she likes me that way or not but i do know she wants to be friends w/ me. could i loose my job staring a frienship w/ her? mean hanging out outside work. Should i stay away cuz it feels like im crushing on her? my age its in my name. if u gonna insult me please dont, i dont feel proud of this, but i cant help how i feel

mommyof4
08-07-2007, 12:16 AM
1. Start your own thread.
2. Speak English. You are an adult. Presumably, you know how to communicate in a normal manner.

cyjeff
08-07-2007, 11:56 AM
please i feel real bad about this already, n i dont even know if its true feellings i have but, i kind of met some one whr i work n i have talked about her w/ a friend online , my friend says that it sounds that we r flirting with each other, i feel atractions for this girl ( personality ways) but shes only 17, and im scare if i try to do something about this i will loose my job, i am way to old for her, n resently went tru a bad break up, well more like 7 months ago. i do not know if she likes me that way or not but i do know she wants to be friends w/ me. could i loose my job staring a frienship w/ her? mean hanging out outside work. Should i stay away cuz it feels like im crushing on her? my age its in my name. if u gonna insult me please dont, i dont feel proud of this, but i cant help how i feel

Start your own thread.

In the meantime, stop crushing on little girls.

Your post sounds like you are 16 years old. Grow up and date people your own age.

Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements