PDA

View Full Version : What is considered a work week?

Hollyd2728
06-07-2005, 01:41 PM
From Michigan....what is considered a work week? If I work for a company that is open M-Sat, are Sat's considered part of the work week. They are telling me they don't think that Sat's count toward my weekly total to count as full time so that they can take back my second week of vacation pay. TIA

LConnell
06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
The work week is set by your employer, as long as it is fairly consistent from week to week and they are not trying to circumvent overtime hours.

Hollyd2728
06-07-2005, 01:49 PM
So if I am required to work sat's then that's part of the work week?

cbg
06-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Every employer is required to have a fixed, seven day work week. Most companies use Sunday through Saturday but they can use any variation they want.

Even days that the company is not open still count as part of the work week since it MUST be a seven day period. No matter how you slice it, Saturdays are going to be part of a work week - it's just a question of whether it's going to be the first day, the last day, or hold some other position.

Do you work regularly on Saturdays or only occasionally?

asa83
07-15-2005, 01:49 PM
I need to know if employees can legally be required, in MI, to work an hourly floortime schedule in an office environment if we are only paid commission on the sales we produce. If an hourly schedule is put in place, is my employer required to pay us minimum wage? What about overtime?

Michigan labor Law Posters
Comply with Michigan regulations with one Complete Michigan Labor Law Poster.
Trusted with customer satisfication.
Call (800) 745-9970 or shop online at www.LaborLawCenter.com.