View Full Version : termination of parental rights in AL

05-19-2005, 10:28 AM
I have a situation here in Alabama where DHR had received several reports of neglect/abuse/abandonment upon me. The social worker investaged found nothing wrong, however, they cont. to receive the calls and eventually DHR became tired of the calls and informed me that if they received one more phone call they would take temporary custody of my children for a period of ninety days. They received that one last call and informed me that l would be going to court. This occurred and subsequently l lost custody of my children. I was informed that I would have to have a psychological evaluation done prior to my children being returned to me. DHR had an individual from another county come into their office and administer the MMPD-2 which will give you an Axis I diagnosis. Needless to say the report was not at all in my favor. This individual did not give me an Axis I diagnosis but did give me an Axis II diagnosis without administering the test which is needed to obtain an Axis II diagnosis. This has drug out for 2yrs and 7mths. Recently, my attorney advised me to seek another MMPD-2 from an outside source. I went to a forsenic psychologist who did administer the MMPD-2 and also the test for an Axis II diagnosis. This came back highly in my favor. I also learned that the individual who administered the test for DHR was only a counselor who is qualified to administer the testing process but not qualified under his license to make a diagnosis. Due to him overstepping the guidelines under his license and making an incorrect diagnois on me is there any way by law that I can sue him for this. I am not a vindictive person, however, I feel that if he has done this to me then there are countless others that he has also done this to. I also feel that until someone takes action against him he will continue to wreck havoc on the lives of parents and children alike. Do I have any legal grounds to stand on?

05-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Gather the data and present to state attorney general office and if this person is licensed, to the state agency that oversees their licensing and lodge a formal complaint for misuse of license and malpractice. I do not know who had it in for you, but when you get your kids back it may be wise to move.

04-25-2009, 10:28 AM
I read what has happened to you and I am in the same position, I have had the same test as you the only reason I dont have my kids is cause I failed the milian MMP2 I believe is what is it I tested to have several mental illness which I dont have DHR paid for 2of these on me one came up with nothing and then they made me take another one and I failed. I paid out of pocket for another eval and of course it came out in my favor so 3 out of 4 i passed but they wont give me my kids cause Dr,Katy Ronon's report she administerd test she should of never done on me and that was against practice. What did you do and do you have your kids back yet. I am to the point of doing a protest at DHR for the hell they have out my life through it's been nearly 2 years and I did nothing but married and abuser is what they told me they even told me on a recored convo that I could go have more kids their not animals you cant replace your babies..I have divorced their father gotten remarried and a tone of other things asked of me but the best part is my kids were removed becuase their dad beat on them he got a minor pregeant while we were still married and now has another kid and its ok for him to have his child even though mine were taking cause he abused them.. Does not make sense does it????? I was notified yesterday by and atty I hired (which I should of never) that the state has no legal resons to have my kids but I have made to many people mad in Tuscaloosa theirfore the state will not give me my kids back. and then she says I need to be clam about this who would? So that leave me trying to get any adivce I can to obtain my kids back I have spent several thousands of dollars and still get no where and there is no indication that I abused my kids ever nor am I am drug abuser I am simply a mother whos kids where being abused in the system and fought for them and now I cant have my kids back cause I made the state mad.. any help from anybody would help I will be in alabama this week to get anyone to listen to my story that will

thanks Tiffanie Current

04-25-2009, 11:43 AM
First this post is from 2005!! I doubt the poster will return years later. Second I suggest you remove your phone number for your own protection.

04-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I understand that they might not return years later I just want help and advice from anyone..I am just putting out information for any one to respond too maybe someones no he I can talk too or an atty I can hire that will fight for whats right period.

04-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Remove your phone number and start your own thread

04-25-2009, 11:55 AM
how do I start my own thread?

04-25-2009, 12:15 PM
how do I start my own thread?

Go to this page (http://www.laborlawtalk.com/index.php) select the catagory you want to put your question in click it. Then at top left side of page click on tab that reads "Start New Thread"

04-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I have removed your email as well for your own protection. Trust me, you do NOT want some of the spammers we get on this site to know how to find you.

Reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients.

cactus jack
05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
My attempt to bring necro-posting to an end....

Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements