PDA

View Full Version : lease purchase option-owners stole my money & home went into foreclosure

shedue
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
In March 2007 I signed a lease purchase option giving a $5000 down payment, and agreeing to inflated monthly payments to go towards the purchase price. There was a clause that stated I could put in new flooring as there was water damage, as well as $15,000 worth of remodeling/upgrades (i.e. new carpeting that was pet stained badly, a new roof, painting, etc.). I paid my rent on time, and provided the receipts to the owner. Each month I would get notices that the mortgage was delinquent, and I would call the owner who lives in Nashville and she said she would take care of it. In September 2007 the house was up for foreclosure and reverted back to the lender. The owner basically pocketed all of my money, and has left me with nothing. Stealing my money on purpose has got to be a crime. Who should I contact to file criminal charges?

GotSmart
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
In March 2007 I signed a lease purchase option giving a $5000 down payment, and agreeing to inflated monthly payments to go towards the purchase price. There was a clause that stated I could put in new flooring as there was water damage, as well as $15,000 worth of remodeling/upgrades (i.e. new carpeting that was pet stained badly, a new roof, painting, etc.). I paid my rent on time, and provided the receipts to the owner. Each month I would get notices that the mortgage was delinquent, and I would call the owner who lives in Nashville and she said she would take care of it. In September 2007 the house was up for foreclosure and reverted back to the lender. The owner basically pocketed all of my money, and has left me with nothing. Stealing my money on purpose has got to be a crime. Who should I contact to file criminal charges?

Fraud.

Contact your local DA, and take it from there.

Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements