PDA

View Full Version : unemployment eligability Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin

teocar61
03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
i was recently working for an employer for the past 4 1/2 months. i was hired to be an auotmotive service writer, after about 2 weeks i was kinda thrown into a manger job( with no prior traiing), as the owner of the company was never there. i dealt with many issues like employees not accepting my authority , the owner s constant screaming and hollaring, after hours phone calls from the employer,an employee bringing a gun to work with him,i was told to do things a certain way by the owner ,then he changes it around, along with some certain d.m.v state inspection issues that involved illegal documentation.this same employer fired another woker, that had been with the company for 6 years ,due to the fact he found the workers photo on a sex offenders registry. this worker cant do anything ,because he was on total disability benefits and working for the company under his wifes name.i had come to my wits end and ended up swearing and hollaring out loud and slamming a door.the owner was called by another employee and had a meeting with the other 2 employees, the end result, he got rid of me on the grounds ,the other workers could not work with or for me, he also stated the use of a cell phone and computer use as well( both of which where used for and created business for the shop) the cell phones and computer are used by the other employees . he also brought up something about another employee told him i was looking for another job and had found one and was starting that job( very untrue).the working enviroment has been very hostile as the owner/ employer was always on edge and threating to fire every one and close the doors for good. i have a phone hearing to determine if i qualify for unemployment benefits this week. can anyone help me out with this? what are my chances? what do i need to make sure i do /say at this hearing? does any of the reasons given mean gross misconduct?

ElleMD
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Be honest in the hearing and stick to the relevant facts. What other employees may have done or how good/bad a person this is has nothing to do with it.

teocar61
03-18-2008, 08:34 AM
just a quick update . recieved my letter after having my phone interview, and the state has approved my unemployment funds.i start a new job next week ,so i wont need to live on the ue check very long.this just proves we, as employees dont have to work for some backyard jamoke employer and get treated bad and walked all over.i am glad too see the state took the time to look at all the evidence in this case. this guy still has the "gun toting punk kid "working for him as well as another new employee thats wanted on an arrest warrant in arizona.im sure the vt DMV dept will be visiting him very soon...as well as the dept of labor, employment and the IRS ,as they would love to hear about the disabled child molester that worked for the company for the last 6 years for cash under the table. doesnt this also scream disabilty fraud and income tax evasion? good luck to peter ohweiller/ bud groth( the 2 trustfund liberal owners) and his rutland motorcars( rutland,vt.) gang.

teocar61
05-23-2008, 04:21 PM
UPDATE
it got even better. this former employer appealed the decision of unemployment and went ahead with an appeals hearing. i spent over 1 hr on the phone with a judge and some of motor cars expert witness panel( aka his cronies), the owner lied, the expert cronies in the case lied and the cedibility of all of the cronies was shot down and i recieved a letter stating that the decision stood, motorcars will have to pay the unemployment claim.typical conecticut fashion for the owners to do this. makes you want to have your car repaired by this place?

Pattymd
05-23-2008, 07:56 PM
UPDATE
it got even better. this former employer appealed the decision of unemployment and went ahead with an appeals hearing. i spent over 1 hr on the phone with a judge and some of motor cars expert witness panel( aka his cronies), the owner lied, the expert cronies in the case lied and the cedibility of all of the cronies was shot down and i recieved a letter stating that the decision stood, motorcars will have to pay the unemployment claim.typical conecticut fashion for the owners to do this. makes you want to have your car repaired by this place?

Not a good idea to name the employer. They could still retaliate against you if they troll these types of boards. Plus, it's against the rules of this site. Please edit your last response to remove it. Thanks.

teocar61
07-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Not a good idea to name the employer. They could still retaliate against you if they troll these types of boards. Plus, it's against the rules of this site. Please edit your last response to remove it. Thanks.

it gets better , the vt tax dept is after them. they have signed staements from all past and present employess about paying the fully disabled guy under the table for the past 7 yrs. wonder who blew the whistle on that deal?...lol ...looks like a lot of coin to repay .... good luck peter and bud!

Vermont Labor Law Posters
Comply with Vermont regulations with one Complete Vermont Labor Law Poster.
Trusted with customer satisfication.
Call (800) 745-9970 or shop online at www.LaborLawCenter.com.