PDA

View Full Version : Joint custody vs full custody Arkansas

arkansasscribe
08-01-2007, 01:20 PM
A question is for my daughter and her husband:

His ex-wife is suing for full custody of their daughter. They have had joint custody since their divorce, but mother is the custodial parent. Father has always paid child support and been very active in child's care and visitation time.

Ex-wife has a new baby with her boyfriend and suddenly, without any warning, had papers served to ex-husband stating she is seeking full custody. She will give no reason other than, "well, you'll see."

What would be the benefit of having full custody over joint? Will that alone allow her to move out of state? Is there more child support due if she has full custody? We're just trying to figure out what might have inspired her to seek full custody.

Zephyr
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
A question is for my daughter and her husband:

His ex-wife is suing for full custody of their daughter. They have had joint custody since their divorce, but mother is the custodial parent. Father has always paid child support and been very active in child's care and visitation time.

Ex-wife has a new baby with her boyfriend and suddenly, without any warning, had papers served to ex-husband stating she is seeking full custody. She will give no reason other than, "well, you'll see."

What would be the benefit of having full custody over joint? Will that alone allow her to move out of state? Is there more child support due if she has full custody? We're just trying to figure out what might have inspired her to seek full custody.

without specific wording saying she can relocate it will not allow her to move out of state without giving dad and opportunity to fight it, also if dad were to have the same amount of time with kiddo as he does now, cs is also unlikely to change....

sounds like the ex wants to remove dad and settle in with the new "family"...

barring any abuse or outrageous behavior on dad's part, mom is unlikely to get what she wants

arkansasscribe
08-01-2007, 01:47 PM
That's basically what I thought. He is a wonderful father and wants to spend as much time as possible with his daughter (she adores him too!). He's a sweet guy, on top of all that.

He did get an attorney to represent him ... so I'm sure his rights will be protected. With all the deadbeat dads out there, you'd think his ex-wife would be relieved he's not one of 'em.

And she's the one who left him ... weird woman. I'm glad he met my daughter -- I think he's great.

Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements